The aim of Dream-A-Way is to provide grants towards holidays and trips to disabled and seriously ill people of all ages living in Devon.
Many people are of the belief that Dream-A-Way only provides grants for holidays for children.
We are working hard to increase awareness of the fact that we have no age restrictions on applicants.
(n.b. for legal and safety reasons, applicants under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult during their holiday).
We had provided grants for many different types of holidays and day trips. These trips have all been for widely varying reasons. So please consider what your dream holiday would be.
Some people wish to visit distant relatives, others want to see great sights, and some want to fulfill lifelong dreams.
Others just need some time out from normal routines.
To see stories of holidays our grants have enabled in the past please see the Holidays Page.
Important Information Before You Apply For A Holiday Grant:
- We will generally only pay a travel agent/tour operator directly upon receipt of your chosen quote.
- Please do not book your holiday before making your application. We do not fund pre-arranged holidays.
- Your application should include details of the holiday / trip you wish to apply for. To enable a speedy and accurate response include 2 or 3 quotes for the holiday from recognised travel agents/holiday companies.
- You should also provide details of the number of people wishing to travel, disability details and any other information which you feel my be relevant to your application.
- Please remember where possible to include a phone number and email address in case we need to contact you to discuss your application.
- It will be necessary for you to complete our grant application form (available upon request).
- Unless urgent, all grant applications are reviewed at our regular committee meetings once all information has been received and verified.
All successful applicants must ensure they have adequate travel and cancellation insurance arrangements in place for all travellers at the applicants expense as this will not be provided by Dream-A-Way.
If you would like to apply for a grant for your holiday please click these both links below to download your application forms,
then print both, complete and send it to:
The Old Ironmongers
If you don’t have access to a printer, please send an A5 stamped self-addressed envelope with a letter containing an overview of your requirements to Tony at the above address.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org