DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
1. Your personal data – what is it? Personal data is information, including photographs, which relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are we? Under the “GDPR” Dream-A-Way is a data controller (contact details below). This means Dream-A-Way decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data? Dream-A-Way complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by:
- keeping personal data up to date;
- only the necessary and appropriate collection and retention of data;
- storing and destroying data securely;
- protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure, including ensuring data is only shared with specific consent or legal requirement;
- ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To enable Dream-A-Way provide a voluntary service for the benefit of the public in a particular geographical area as specified in our constitution;
- To administer membership records;
- To fundraise and promote the interests of Dream-A-Way;
- To manage Dream-A-Way employees and volunteers;
- To maintain Dream-A-Way accounts and records (including the processing of Gift Aid applications);
- To inform you of news, events, activities and other benefits involving Dream-A-Way;
- To share your contact details with Dream-A-Way partners so they can keep you informed about news, events, activities and other benefits in the area and in which you may be interested (this requires specific consent).
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Processing is necessary to conduct Dream-A-Way business within its Charitable Objects;
- Processing is required to fulfill legal obligations in relation to Gift Aid or under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement;
- Processing is carried out by Dream-A-Way provided the processing relates only to members or former members (or those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes) and there is no disclosure to a third party without consent;
- Your explicit consent is required so that we can keep you informed about Dream-A-Way news, events, activities and other benefits.
5. Sharing your personal data Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of Dream-A-Way in order to carry out its primary function or for purposes connected with Dream-A-Way. We will only share your data with third parties with your consent. Data provided for use on the Dream-A-Way website, Facebook or other social media sites will be in the public domain, therefore Dream-A-Way cannot control what subsequently happens with your data when used in these circumstances.
6. How long do we keep your personal data? We keep data in accordance with the guidance set out in our policy.
Specifically, we retain:
- Dream-A-Way applications, partner details including sponsor, helper and associates data while still current or relevant;
- Gift Aid declarations and associated paperwork for up to 6 years after the calendar year to which they relate;
- Grant approval details permanently.
7. Your rights and your personal data Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Dream-A-Way holds about you;
- The right to request that Dream-A-Way corrects any personal data stored if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Dream-A-Way to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request that a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
8. Further processing If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact Dream-A-Way on 07989 417707 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
Version: AMJ September 2018